States Mr. Jeff Immelt, chairman and CEO of General Electric in an excellent article "Time to Re-Embrace Globalization" here in The Economist's, The World in 2009. Mr. Immelt lays down six "Points of Principle" in the article that drive the debate within GE. Summarily, they are:
- A strong international trade system is fundamental
- Continued economic liberalization enhances growth
- Protectionism must be resisted
- Global trade must be fair
- Governments must pursue domestic policies that allow their citizens to thrive in the global economy
- Each of us must contribute
Mr. Immelt ends by stating - "True leaders must re-embrace globalization".