Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Global News Sources

I have been asked often about the news sources I use to learn what is happening in the World. This reminds me of a chance meeting about twelve years ago with Mr. Bernard Shaw of CNN fame from the days of Iraq's invasion of Kuwait.

When I asked him the same question as above, Mr. Shaw shared with me that he scans multiple news sources across the globe in an attempt to gain insights. Being a global traveller myself, I have found at times that important news has been completely missing or misrepresented within certain borders - the more interesting point to note being that some of these borders may be considered as the most democratic of nations and societies.

Here is a list of few of the news sources I use:

Here are a few financial news sites I use daily:

I have found The Economist to provide valuable news on various subjects including economics, science, politics, etc.:

Finally, Mr. Ardeshir Cowasjee is someone I read often to get perspectives into Pakistani politics and life. Every so often there are good articles highlighting international viewpoints:

No comments: